"I'm going to be writing songs about Minnesota for the rest of my life!", says our friend Ann Reed. Ann has been traveling the state in a series of concerts and collecting ideas for her Song for Minnesota. She says she's got LOTS of ideas and lots of input from listeners, but still wants more.
Ann's next concert is Thursday, Feb. 28th at the Paul Bunyan Playhouse in Bemidji and the whole project culminates at the Fitzgerald Theater May 3rd.
She stopped in the studio before the Bemidji show to update Dale and Jim Ed about the project.
- Ann Reed
- Ann Reed talks about the Song for Minnesota - Part 3 The third installment in our series of conversations with songwriter Ann Reed as she continues her statewide tour and writes a new Minnesota song with help from listeners and audience members.
- Ann Reed talks about the Song for Minnesota - Part 2 The second installment of our on-going conversation with singer songwriter Ann Reed as she continues her statewide tour and writes a new Minnesota song, with help from listeners.
- Ann Reed talks about the Song for Minnesota - Part 1 As singer songwriter Ann Reed prepares to embark on the first leg of her statewide tour, she discusses the writing of a new Minnesota song, with help from listeners.
- Ann Reed releases 25th anniversary CD Minneapolis singer-songwriter Ann Reed releases her 25th anniversary CD this weekend. It's called "Telling Stories." Reed has had devoted fans lining up at the box office for the past quarter-century to hear her smooth alto and her original songs. She spoke with Morning Edition host Cathy Wurzer.
- Ann Reed: "Gift of Age" Singer-songwriter Ann Reed has released a new CD called "Gift of Age." Over the last decade, Reed has won several times at the Minnesota Music awards including Artist of the Year, and Folk Singer of the Year. She says she got the inspiration for the name "Gift of Age" as she was turning 40. Morning Edition host Cathy Wurzer spoke with Reed who explains that the inside of the CD cover includes a picture of herself and her mother.