Ann Reed is now convinced that her song for Minnesota's sesquicentennial may have to be a series of songs. There are so many ideas, so many things about our state that "need" to be included, according to the hundreds of contributors that have made suggestions that Ann thinks she could write a whole series of songs about the state.
In fact, now Ann is going negative and is asking you what things should NOT be included in a song about Minnesota. The final song or songs will be revealed in a concert at the Fitzgerald Theater in St. Paul in early May.
Ann's next regional concert is in Winona at Theatre du Mississippi on Saturday, March 8th. Prior to the show, Ann stopped in the Morning Show studio to update Dale and Jim Ed on her progress.
- Ann Reed
- Ann Reed and the Song for Minnesota - Part 4 Ann Reed stops by the studio to update Dale and Jim Ed on the Song for Minnesota project.
- Ann Reed talks about the Song for Minnesota - Part 3 The third installment in our series of conversations with songwriter Ann Reed as she continues her statewide tour and writes a new Minnesota song with help from listeners and audience members.
- Ann Reed talks about the Song for Minnesota - Part 2 The second installment of our on-going conversation with singer songwriter Ann Reed as she continues her statewide tour and writes a new Minnesota song, with help from listeners.
- Ann Reed talks about the Song for Minnesota As singer songwriter Ann Reed prepares to embark on the first leg of her statewide tour, she discusses the writing of a new Minnesota song, with help from listeners.
- Ann Reed releases 25th anniversary CD Minneapolis singer-songwriter Ann Reed releases her 25th anniversary CD this weekend. It's called "Telling Stories." Reed has had devoted fans lining up at the box office for the past quarter-century to hear her smooth alto and her original songs. She spoke with Morning Edition host Cathy Wurzer.
- Ann Reed: Singer-songwriter Ann Reed has released a new CD called "Gift of Age." Over the last decade, Reed has won several times at the Minnesota Music awards including Artist of the Year, and Folk Singer of the Year. She says she got the inspiration for the name "Gift of Age" as she was turning 40. Morning Edition host Cathy Wurzer spoke with Reed who explains that the inside of the CD cover includes a picture of herself and her mother.