Ann is charged with writing a Song for Minnesota and has been taking suggestions from listeners. The Song is actually turning into several "Songs" for the state's sesquicentennial and Ann will be featuring all of them in concert on May 3, 2008 at the Fitzgerald with the help of her friends Dan Chouinard, Joan Griffith, Diane Jarvi, Leslie Ball, Dylan Fresco, and Sharon Day.
The Fitzgerald show is the culmination of a state-wide tour that began in January with Ann traveling to regional theaters to do a concert and also take ideas for a state song to help celebrate Minnesota's 150th anniversary.
Ann stopped by The Morning Show studio to give Dale and Jim Ed an idea of what to expect.
- Ann Reed
- Ann Reed and the Song for Minnesota, Part 5 Part five of our discussion with Ann Reed and the Song for Minnesota. Ann talks about the latest additions and subtractions to her song for Minnesota's sesquicentennial.
- Ann Reed and the Song for Minnesota, Pt. 4 Ann Reed stops by the studio to update Dale and Jim Ed on the Song for Minnesota project.
- Ann Reed talks about the Song for Minnesota - Part 3 The third installment in our series of conversations with songwriter Ann Reed as she continues her statewide tour and writes a new Minnesota song with help from listeners and audience members.
- Ann Reed talks about the Song for Minnesota - Part 2 The second installment of our on-going conversation with singer songwriter Ann Reed as she continues her statewide tour and writes a new Minnesota song, with help from listeners.
- Ann Reed talks about the Song for Minnesota As singer songwriter Ann Reed prepares to embark on the first leg of her statewide tour, she discusses the writing of a new Minnesota song, with help from listeners.