Minneapolis' Dan Wilson has been known as many things: frontman in Semisonic and guitarist in Trip Shakespeare, Grammy Award winner for writing The Dixie Chicks' "Not Ready To Make Nice," and producer for two of Mike Doughty's albums. He's also worked with musicians like Rachael Yamagata, Mandy Moore, Jeremy Messersmith, and Jason Mraz. In 2007, Dan Wilson released a solo album, "Free Life" on Rick Rubin's American Recordings. With all of that on his musical resume, he still calls the Twin Cities home.
Songs Performed: "," "," and "."
- Dan Wilson
- The Morning Show Live at Minnesota State Fair The Morning Show broadcast live from the Minnesota State Fair with special guests Ann Reed, Dan Wilson, Pert' Near Sandstone, and the annual "Where's Eric" game.
- The New Standards Holiday Special The New Standards triumphantly returned to the Fitzgerald Theater for their second annual holiday concert on Saturday, December 8. The trio -- John Munson (Semisonic and Trip Shakespeare), Chan Poling (The Suburbs) and Steve Roehm (Electropolis) -- was joined by an all-star guest list including Haley Bonar, Mike Doughty, Dan Wilson, Matt Wilson, Adam Levy, Jelloslave, Maddie Poling, Laurie Lindeen, JoAnna James, Jeremy Messersmith and Tim Frantzich. True to the New Standards, the show was a mix of holiday classics and unexpected takes on recent favorites.
- Dan Wilson enjoys his 'Free Life' in Minnesota Minneapolis music veteran Dan Wilson, of Trip Shakespeare and Semisonic, has just released his first solo album. MPR's Cathy Wurzer talked with him about the new album and the song-writing process with collaborators like The Dixie Chicks and Sheryl Crow.
- Dan Wilson performs in The Current studios In 2007 Dan Wilson received a Grammy Award for Song of the Year for writing the Dixie Chicks' "Not Ready to Make Nice". Maybe 2008 will bring Dan the same fortune for his debut solo CD "Free Life".
- Local songwriter Minnesota musician Dan Wilson co-wrote the Dixie Chicks' Song of the Year, "Not Ready to Make Nice," and won a Grammy for the effort.