Brothers Dan and Matt Wilson have been playing together since they were kids. They've both had successful careers in bands like Semisonic, Trip Shakespere, and Twilight Hours as well as solo work.
They've recorded together and encouraged each other through the years, but they've never shared a stage for a solo show together until later this month, when they play a sold out show at the Pantages Theater in Minneapolis.
Songs performed: "Hello Stranger," "Drummer Like Me," and "Made To Last."
- Dan Wilson
- Matt Wilson
- Dan and Matt Wilson on Midmorning From their days playing in college bands through their time co-writing songs in Trip Shakespeare and their respective solo careers, Dan and Matt Wilson have shared the bond of music. They share some of their experiences and their music on Midmorning.
- Dan Wilson performs live in The Current studio Minneapolis' Dan Wilson is experimenting with touring "staycation" style. He's playing a string of dates in the Twin Cities under the philosophy of "low milage, small rooms, one guy."
- Dan Wilson performs in The Current studios Minneapolis' Dan Wilson has been known as many things: frontman in Semisonic and guitarist in Trip Shakespeare, Grammy Award winner for writing The Dixie Chicks' "Not Ready To Make Nice," and producer for two of Mike Doughty's albums. He's also worked with musicians like Rachael Yamagata, Mandy Moore, Jeremy Messersmith, and Jason Mraz. In 2007, Dan Wilson released a solo album, "Free Life" on Rick Rubin's American Recordings. With all of that on his musical resume, he still calls the Twin Cities home.
- The New Standards Holiday Special The New Standards triumphantly returned to the Fitzgerald Theater for their second annual holiday concert on Saturday, December 8. The trio -- John Munson (Semisonic and Trip Shakespeare), Chan Poling (The Suburbs) and Steve Roehm (Electropolis) -- was joined by an all-star guest list including Haley Bonar, Mike Doughty, Dan Wilson, Matt Wilson, Adam Levy, Jelloslave, Maddie Poling, Laurie Lindeen, JoAnna James, Jeremy Messersmith and Tim Frantzich. True to the New Standards, the show was a mix of holiday classics and unexpected takes on recent favorites.
- Dan Wilson enjoys his 'Free Life' in Minnesota Minneapolis music veteran Dan Wilson, of Trip Shakespeare and Semisonic, has just released his first solo album. MPR's Cathy Wurzer talked with him about the new album and the song-writing process with collaborators like The Dixie Chicks and Sheryl Crow.
- Dan Wilson performs in The Current studios In 2007 Dan Wilson received a Grammy Award for Song of the Year for writing the Dixie Chicks' "Not Ready to Make Nice". Maybe 2008 will bring Dan the same fortune for his debut solo CD "Free Life".
- The Twilight Hours perform in The Current Studios Minnesota mainstays Matt Wilson and John Munson have musically merged once again as The Twilight Hours. The duo found success in their early incarnation Trip Shakespeare and apart in bands such as Semisonic and Polara.
- The Twilight Hours perform in The Current studios After finding musical success together and apart over the last 20 years, Matt Wilson and John Munson have rejoined forces as The Twilight Hours.