From Duluth to the Twin Cities to Portland and back, local singer-songwriter Haley Bonar, has used her change of scenery as inspiration on her fourth album, Golder.
Backed by a "super group" of sorts including Jeremy Ylvisaker (Andrew Bird, Alpha Consumer), Luke Anderson (Rogue Valley), Jacob Hanson (Mason Jennings, Halloween Alaska), and Michael Lewis (Happy Apple, Andrew Bird), Haley Bonar is ready to tour and get as many ears on this new record as she can.
Songs performed: "Raggedy Man," "A Piano," and "Silver Zephyr."
- Haley Bonar
- Preview Haley Bonar's new album "Golder"
- Haley Bonar performs in the Current studios Over a year in the making, local singer/songwriter Haley Bonar is releasing her third album, "Big Star" and on tour across the country with Haden. The new album, named after her favorite song, the title track is about irony and fame.
- Haley Bonar performs live at The Minnesota State Fair Making her second appearance at The Current booth at the Minnesota State Fair, singer-songwriter Haley Bonar debuted three new songs at her performance on the opening day of the fair.
- Haley Bonar performs in studio Now calling Minneapolis her home, South Dakota-raised Haley Bonar joined Mark Wheat in the Current studios to talk about her past few years out of the spotlight since the well-received release of her album, "The Size of Planets." She also performed songs from her new self-released album, "Lure the Fox."
- Haley Bonar - Live at the Minnesota State Fair Haley Bonar's beautiful melancholy tunes seem to be written by someone older than a woman in her early twenties. But that could be because Bonar has a lot of experience; she was playing gigs in bars well before she could legally drink in them.
- Haley Bonar Haley Bonar is keeping busy. She's playing regularly in Duluth. Her new CD is coming out. And she's going on a national tour this spring. She's doing all right for a 19-year-old who quit college to write songs.