MPR's Movie Maven and Cube Critic Stephanie Curtis joins Steve Seel and Jill Riley to review the animated feature based on the colorful bricks.
The original 3D computer animated story follows Emmet (voiced by Chris Pratt, NBC's Parks and Recreation), an ordinary, rules-following, perfectly average LEGO mini-figure who is mistakenly identified as the most extraordinary person and the key to saving the world. He is drafted into a fellowship of strangers on an epic quest to stop an evil tyrant (Will Ferrell).
The voice cast also includes Elizabeth Banks, Morgan Freeman, Will Arnett and Liam Neeson, and the film features music from Tegan and Sara.
Stephanie calls the film "a lovely little movie," and describes it as something children and adults can enjoy together. Listen to the audio to hear Stephanie's full review.
The Lego Movie is rated PG and is playing in very wide release.
The Lego Movie, official trailer
Have you seen the film? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
MPR's Movie Maven, Stephanie Curtis, joins The Current's Morning Show to talk about films every Friday at 8:30 a.m.
- Tegan & Sara return to The Current for a great performance Canadian twin-sister duo Tegan and Sara are one of indie-pop's most celebrated acts, having released seven full-length albums over nearly two decades as musical collaborators. They've also been longtime Current favorites, and returned to The Current for the third time for a chat with The Morning Show's Steve Seel and Jill Riley and a performance.
- Tegan and Sara perform in The UBS Forum Tegan and Sara's recording careers started in 1997, when they used their school's recording studio to record their first demo. In 1999, the Canadian sisters independently released their debut LP, "Under Feet Like Ours." Their poppy, emotive indie-folk style attracted the attention of Neil Young's label Vapor Records, who signed them in 2000. Later that year, they released another album, "This Business of Art." .
- Cube Critics: Oscar Preview Cube Critic Euan Kerr joins Steve Seel and Jill Riley to discuss the Oscar nominees.
- Movie Maven: 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' MPR Movie Maven and Cube Critic Stephanie Curtis talks to Steve Seel and Jill Riley about the next installment in The Hobbit trilogy. Plus, some thoughts on trilogies from the Cube Critics.
- Movie Maven: 'Her' MPR's Movie Maven and Cube Critic Stephanie Curtis joins Steve Seel and Jill Riley to discuss the new romantic comedy/drama starring Joaquin Phoenix and directed by Spike Jonze. Plus, Cube Critics discuss 'Her' and artificial intelligence in film.
comments powered by Disqus