Listen Live Blog ›
Music for kids and their adults
Acoustic, Americana and Roots
Exploring the musical legacy of Prince and beyond
You know the nagging curiosity. It comes to you while you’re turning up the radio, or screwing in a lightbulb, or lying awake at 1 a.m. with your smartphone in your hand.
I wonder who invented that?
I swear, I know this.
I learned this in 5th grade, I think?!
You could get the answer in an instant on any number of devices at your fingertips. (And ponder along the way about who invented the internet.) Or you could bring your whole crew to Social Science and go on a quest through a world of discovery with a drink in your hand.
Social Science: Who Invented That?, presented by Ryan Companies US, Inc., is for all who are curious about inventions and the innovative minds behind them. (And, for anyone who needs a little brush-up on the 5th grade.)
At this Social Science event, you can:
• Get an exclusive preview of the new Inventing Genius exhibit, which brings together the fascinating world of Leonardo da Vinci and the 101 most influential inventions of all time
• Get your hands on special activities and experiments throughout the museum
• Come face to face with local inventors and learn about the science behind their inventions in a series of mini-dates.
• Tour the Minnovation Showcase of great ideas born right here in Minnesota
• Grab a drink at cash bars throughout the museum
• Stargaze on the museum's terrace
• Hear live music
• and more!
Food available for purchase at our Chomp Cafe until 9:30 p.m.
Coffee and desserts available for purchase at Java Cafe until late.
Bars with beer, wine, and cocktails available for purchase, located throughout the museum.