Singer-songwriter Haley Bonar is one of the staples of the Minnesota music scene, so it took a lot of people by surprise when she moved to Portland, Ore. two years ago. Well, the good news is that she's back in our wonderful state, the better news is that she released an excellent new album, Golder, this past spring, and the even better news is that The Current invited her to bring her dreamy, introspective alt-country sound to our State Fair stage once again!
- Haley Bonar
- Haley Bonar performs live in The Current studio From Duluth to the Twin Cities to Portland and back, local singer-songwriter Haley Bonar, has used her change of scenery as inspiration on her fourth album, Golder.
- Haley Bonar performs in the Current studios Over a year in the making, local singer/songwriter Haley Bonar is releasing her third album, "Big Star" and on tour across the country with Haden. The new album, named after her favorite song, the title track is about irony and fame.
- Haley Bonar performs live at The Minnesota State Fair Making her second appearance at The Current booth at the Minnesota State Fair, singer-songwriter Haley Bonar debuted three new songs at her performance on the opening day of the fair.
- Haley Bonar performs in studio Now calling Minneapolis her home, South Dakota-raised Haley Bonar joined Mark Wheat in the Current studios to talk about her past few years out of the spotlight since the well-received release of her album, "The Size of Planets." She also performed songs from her new self-released album, "Lure the Fox."
- Haley Bonar - Live at the Minnesota State Fair Haley Bonar's beautiful melancholy tunes seem to be written by someone older than a woman in her early twenties. But that could be because Bonar has a lot of experience; she was playing gigs in bars well before she could legally drink in them.