The entire Doomtree gang performed live in the UBS Forum on December 1, debuting much of their new album "No Kings."
Photos by Eamon Coyne and Nate Ryan
- Slideshow: Doomtree
- Dessa performs live at the Fitzgerald Theater Dessa played a very sold-out show at the Fitzgerald Theater in St. Paul in support of her newest release, "Castor, the Twin," a reworking of mostly older songs from her extensive catalogue. Enjoy audio and video from the event.
- Sims performs live at the Minnesota State Fair Local rapper and Doomtree collective member Sims has had an amazing year, with his sophomore album "Bad Time Zoo" earning much critical and fan attention upon its February release. The Current was proud to welcome him to our State Fair stage.
- Doomtree performs live in The Current studios The local hip-hop collective and record label Doomtree have been combining beats and MCs for the last five years. In addition to the collaborative EPs, several members including P.O.S., Dessa, Sims, and Cecil Otter have released solo albums.
- Sims performs live in The Current studios Doomtree MC and Minnesota native Sims dropped his second official full-length release, "Bad Time Zoo," earlier this week, and also
- Lazerbeak performs in The Current studio Lazerbeak has been in the local music scene for years, first playing with the band The Plastic Consetllations, who went on to get signed by French Kiss Records. P.O.S, an old high school friend, heard his work and encouraged him to start making beats. From there he started creating beats for the popular Minneapolis group Doomtree.
- Paper Tiger performs in The Current studios Paper Tiger's new album Made Like Us marks the second time that the producer has released something under his own name.
- Dessa performs live at the Minnesota State Fair Dessa stopped by the Current booth at the Minnesota State Fair on MPR Day for a live performance.
- Dessa performs in The Current studios Dessa stopped by The Current studio to promote her debut release "A Badly Broken Code."