Listen Feature audio
Mar 25, 2013 Listen to all 7 tracks:
Iron & Wine (live)
Vampire Weekend (live)
Charles Bradley (live)
Divine Fits (live)
Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell (live)
For this year's South by Southwest, Current Program Director Jim McGuinn and Music Director David Safar journeyed down to Austin to see the sights and check out the best music that the festival has to offer, from big names to rising stars to complete unknowns.
On tonight's episode of New Hot, David Safar reports back from South by Southwest with some of the best music he heard there. Be sure to listen at 10 p.m. and check it out, and while you're at it, enjoy the full audio from our Public Radio Rocks day stage performances!
- SXSW on the Ground: Photos from the festival, March 15, 2013 As SXSW enters its final stretch, our photographer on the ground captures local favorites like Dosh and Lucy Michelle and emerging artists like Kendrick Lamar and Solange Knowles.
- SXSW on the ground: photos from Thursday, March 15 We just received the latest batch of photos from South by Southwest, featuring performances from bands like Alt-J, Solid Gold, Carroll and more.
- MN at SXSW: An overview of the local presence at this year's festival One of the coolest things about attending SXSW as a Minnesotan is observing just how far and wide our hometown artists manage to spread out during the week. The music festival is an overwhelming sensory experience, with every last bar, restaurant, and street corner overflowing with artists hoping to be seen and heard, and each artists and promoters from our state attempt to break through the din with an array of Minnesota-centric showcases and a healthy roster of acts accepted into the festival as official showcasing acts.
- SXSW on the ground: a hundred bands at once Imagine landing in a city where hundreds of bands are playing all at once. How do you choose which bands to see and what shows will be worth remembering?
- Dave Grohl's SXSW 2013 keynote Dave Grohl has become the unofficial Mayor of Rock 'n' Roll: a gregarious ambassador who wins armloads of Grammys and even directs a music documentary.