Listen Feature audio
Feb 18, 2014 Listen to all 4 tracks:
Dr. Dog perform in The Current studio
Dr. Dog, 'Distant Light'
Dr. Dog, 'Say Ahhh'
Dr. Dog, 'Cuckoo'
Philadelphia-based band Dr. Dog stopped by The Current's studio while they were in town to play a couple of shows at First Avenue in support of their most recent album, B-Room.
In their interview with The Current's Mark Wheat, Dr. Dog's Toby Leaman and Scott McMicken explained the album's title was inspired by their newly constructed (DIY) studio. Leaman and McMicken describe why it was important for the band to create their own studio space and to set it apart from the busy urban environs where they had previously done all their recording.
McMicken and Leaman also talked about how they like to create a rapport with their audiences, and they also shared some insights about their favorite sports mascot, the Phillie Phanatic.
"Distant Light" and "Cuckoo" off Dr. Dog's recent album, B-Room, out now on ANTI- Records. "Say Ahhh" off Dr. Dog's 2002 self-released album, Toothbrush.
Hosted by Mark Wheat
Produced by Derrick Stevens
Engineered by Michael DeMark and Andrew Danielsson
- Dr. Dog
- Review: Dr. Dog bring their "B-Room" A-game to the Mainroom at First Avenue Dr. Dog have earned their status among rock's hardest-working, most fan-friendly artists. They played a couple shows at First Avenue's Mainroom on Feb. 6 and 7, 2014.
- Album Review: Dr. Dog - Shame, Shame Dr. Dog started out as a garden variety indie-rock band based in Philadelphia. Over the past nine years and six albums, the band's sound has varied from psychedelic rock to lo-fi 60's pop.
- Album Review: Dr. Dog - Be The Void One thing I have always enjoyed about Dr. Dog is their focus on songs. Songwriting today can sometimes seem like a lost art form. But there are plenty of classic Dr. Dog tunes on this album, full of their signature harmonies, sharp songwriting, great melody and sing-along choruses.
- Dr. Dog perform in The Current studio It's hard to believe it's already been 13 years since Dr. Dog first started making music. Once considered an extremely underground act playing shows to support their "Easy Beat" album, their first for a record label in the early aughts, they've since gone on to tour alongside The Spinto Band, My Morning Jacket and The Raconteurs.
- Dr. Dog perform live in The Current studio Dr. Dog has graced The Current studios with their presence twice so far, and each time the band has perfectly showcased their signature mix of psychedelic sounds and innovative indie rock. They've been called one of the DIY's generation's most promising up-and-comers, and over the last few years they have lived up to that expectation.
- Dr. Dog perform live in The Current studios Dr. Dog has been described as a psychedelic rock band and have drawn comparisons to bands of the 1960's, including The Beatles, The Band, and The Beach Boys.
- Dr. Dog perform in The Current studios Dr. Dog has been creating music in various incarnations in their hometown of Philadelphia for nearly six years now.
comments powered by Disqus